Format Computer Services
20 The Warren
0808 120 3883
Privacy & Cookies
We are Format Computer Services Limited. Providers of IT support and Cloud Based IT solutions.
- What information do we gather?
1.1 Information that relates directly to you (e.g. your name and e-mail address).
1.2 Information that does not directly identify you (e.g. how you might browse our website). This might include:
(1) Your IP address through the placement of cookies (see sections 6 and 7 on cookies and their management, below);
(2) Location data, which might be gained through your IP address or GPS data. You can prevent our access to your location data by clicking here.
- How we use your information
2.1 We might use your information to:
(1) Remember you when you visit our website and see how you journey through it by using cookies. We explain what cookies are in Section 6 and how you can manage them in Section 7, below;
(2) Make sure materials on the website are presented in the most effective way for you and your computer or mobile device;
(3) Collect and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage;
(4) Assess and understand our visitors feedback and identify usage hotspots;
- How do we gather information?
3.1 Information is gathered in the following ways:
(1) indirectly (e.g. using website technology);
(2) directly (e.g. when you provide information via our website contact form);
- How do you decide how you want to hear from us?
4.1 We always seek to explain why and how we might contact you at the point you give your information to us. We may contact you by email or via social media, according to your preferences.
4.2 We also provide the means for you to grant or withhold your permission for us to contact you. We do this by using an opt-in box. We use these to gain your permission to contact you about your enquiry, this is never used for marketing emails.
- Accessing and updating your personal information
5.1 You can update your details by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Format Computer Services Ltd, 20 The Warren, Royston, Hertfordshire, SG8 9EG.
5.2 You have the right to access the personal information held about you. To obtain a copy of that personal information, please send an email to email@example.com.
6.1 A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your computer when you visit certain websites. When we refer to “cookies” we include other technologies with similar purposes.
6.2 We use the following types of cookie:
(1) Analytics cookies that anonymously remember your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. They keep track of browsing patterns and help us to build up a profile of how our visitors use the website.
(2) Service cookies that help us to make our website work as efficiently as possible and meter the number of pages you view to improve the navigation of our website.
(3) Third party and analytics cookies, which are placed by or on behalf of suppliers who are linked to our site. These cookies may be placed within microsites or links on our site. They are anonymous – they cannot identify individuals. They are used for statistical analysis by allowing the supplier to count how many people have enquired about their services through our website.
6.3 We have no access to third party cookies and third-party organisations have no access to ours. The third-party organisations that place cookies have their own strict privacy policies.
- Managing your cookies preferences
7.1 Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
7.3 Google Analytics is one of the third parties we use to provide us with information about how users use our website.
- Protecting your information
8.1 The information you provide when filling out our contact form on the website is kept on a cloud based Hosted Exchange Server that has built in security against spam and viruses. The datacentres for this service are based in the UK so your data will not leave the UK.
8.2 We invest in high-quality security and do our utmost to protect user privacy. No data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the website. Any information that you send is at your own risk and may be read by others. However, once we have received your personal information we use strict procedures to protect the security of your personal information.
- Disclosing your information
9.1 We never sell personal information, or pass it to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.
- Where we store your personal information
10.1 The personal information that we collect from you is kept in UK based datacentres that comply with Privacy regulations such as GDPR and ISO 27001.
- Changes to this Policy
11.1 If we change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page. Please check the website regularly for any changes to this Policy.
- If you don’t feel we’re adhering to this Policy, what should you do?
12.1 If you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to solve the problem promptly.